What Would You Do If You Knew You Could Not Fail


I swear I was going to do something right after I finished cooking that disastrous meal but I ended up sleeping unfortunately. Usually I would sleep (secara tidak sengaja) lepas aku habis makan sebab terlalu kenyang. Tapi nampak gayanya harinih, well, sebaliknya pulak yang jadi. Aku tertidur sebab tak kenyang bukannya sebab kenyang.

Okay to be fair, at first taste the meal wasn't that bad. But it wasn't that good either. It was bland to put it simple. Too bland. The only good thing about it was the seafood that I threw in. It was my first time trying this new recipe tapi entahlah nak. The taste was nowhere near anything that I've ever tasted in my whole life. And I'm not saying that it's a good thing. Dramatically speaking, I'm still recovering from the tragedy (lewls).

Honestly though if there was one thing that I would love to do if I knew that I could not fail, I definitely want to cook every existing dish in the world. I love food plus that kind of skill would be useful bila aku lapar dan craving sesuatu yang luar biasa (tu diaa hiperbola).

To relate it to my disastrous cooking story, actually I was going to cook Tom Yam. Tapi tak cukup bahan so I ended up browsing the internet for something to cook.


Basically anything. Then I came across this one recipe that I'd never tried before. Well, you already know how that one turned out.

A lot of people said it is one of the easiest recipes to cook. Not for me I guess.

*sigh in defeat*

At this point I really envy my sister. She's not a master chef herself but bila dia masak resepi baru, pertama kali cuba je dah jadi. Kalau aku, usually kena masak kali kedua or ketiga baru betul2 jadi.


Environmentally speaking, trial and error in terms of cooking nih, for me, macam a waste of resources doe. It makes me sad just thinking about all of the wasted ingredients that could've been great if I wasn't such a bad cook.

Which brings me back to my previous statement. If there was one thing that I would love to do if I knew that I could not fail, I definitely want to cook every existing dish in the world. It will save A LOT of my time as well as resources.

To think of it, "what would you do if you knew you could not fail?" is an interesting question itself. Fascinating even.

I came across that question several times before. And I heard it again in one of the events that I attended a few months ago. It was Dr. Lakeesha K. Ransom's first question to do the audience.

The input that came after the question though was surely captivating. It was mind opening in the sense that it felt like a brain teaser. A food for thought if I had to put it into words.

Honestly, what will you do if you knew you could not fail? What will I do if I knew I could not fail?

And the answer? A lot of things.

Too many dreams to count.


But then she said something. Something that got me thinking.

It went a little something like "To learn, but not to fail, is the same as not learning at all."

It's true though when you really think about it. Humans cannot live without challenges.

That is why some people are addicted to games, some are active in sports, some like to learn new languages etc. Other than the excitement and the fun of doing the things that they like, the challenges that come together with them are what make it that much more interesting.


In the context of learning, challenge itself is the essence of learning. To remove challenge is to remove the beauty of growth.

How are we supposed to measure progress without challenges? Without a few setbacks? Without failing once or twice?

Through failure we appreciate knowledge. And through failure we define our success.

But sometimes though, generally speaking, bila belajar benda baru and too many challenges present themselves on the journey, rasa macam nak give up je.

Oh well. That's life I guess. You either let yourself be pushed by these setbacks or you push through em.

p/s: I read a lot of books these past few days. It's the semester break and I have a lot of free time so I figure I should read more because, well, reading is therapeutic and I love reading. 

Aku nak habiskan Marissa Meyer punya buku Archenemies so that I can continue reading Supernova which is the last book from the series and damnnn I'm excited! Hopefully none of my favourite characters will die like how it always happens in a certain movie franchise with the word "wars" in em pfftt #StillBitter



22 comments:

  1. Yes, betul tu. I love the phrase Human cannot live without challenges. And through the challenges la we become mentally strong. Last year was one of the hardest year I had, macam rasa nak give up on everything and rasa macam tak ada jalan. Semua I did macam a failure. But I always tell myself apa yang I ada is enough. And the experiences is the one that allow me to be prepare for a new one. I believe everything is a part of learning in life. Maybe today not the day but tomorrow or the next day will be.
    Btw, I never a good cook. Try masak sayur lembik pula jadi, nak buat sup nah no flavor at all hahaha but at least pernah juga one two time yang success. hahaha so now only fried chicken yang I can succeed. If vege2 ni I pass to my mom XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME!!!! I mean, yes, every year ada je benda that I buat yang gagal but last year was urghhh... I decided to look on the bright side though (walaupun kadang2 macam tak nampak pun bright side of things lewls).. Ahahahha at least you tried masak sayur.. I never did sebab saya suka masak lauk sebenarnya... but yeah... kadang2 TAK menjadi which makes me suuuuperrr sadddddd! Semoga both of us will become good cooks in the future *cries*

      Delete
  2. It's okay sis. Tak semua orang tu sama. We're all different in our special ways. Kalau izzati, I know how to cook meal such as lauk tapi kadang tu it will become so salty sampai ppl can't eat it. It just, so sad. Kalau bab desert pulak memang fail. That's why I need to try and try. It's okay. What is important, you never give up and try. I bet you will become the good cooker in future. hihi. Love ya blog sm. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saya tak pernah try nak buat desert lagi sebab memang sekarang nak focus on lauk dulu sebab masak lauk pun tak pro lagi nih *cries* That's true though... Kena selalu cuba and kena cuba banyak2 kali baru betul2 menjadi sebab tak semua orang gifted sekali cuba je dah jadi ;_; Hopefully yes! I want to become a good cook one day! ^o^

      Delete
  3. This is a good one. We definitely had that time when we contemplate a lot because we often failed but challenges are not there to fail us forever, instead it helps us to improve. Many times, in my life I got mad at myself for failing but in the end I was glad that I did not give up and keep on trying. The results after that will be beautiful in no matter what we do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment itself is inspiring on so many levels. I need to keep on trying. But right now I'm planning on trying something else first. Hopefully this one works though ^^

      Delete
  4. To be frank, you had put me into deep thinking so early in the morning...! I get the gist, the essence of not giving up but somehow the question is still lingering in my mind.. Okay, I should do some deep thinking right now.. Brb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahaha I hope thats a good thing! Brain exercise or some sort ^^

      Delete
  5. I love this, "to learn but not to fail, is the same as not learning at all."
    That is so true. Failure and challenges makes you become better at the things you're learning.
    I like to learn how to cook and bake all kinds of food that I know I will enjoy, and I also like to learn new languages.

    I love baking, I have all the equipments and resources but I don't know why I failed. I will keep trying until I'll get the hang of it. I planned on making my dining table a personal baked good buffet table hahahaha inshaAllah I will try my best and keep improving. Or maybe I should just read the oven's manual on how to use it because my brownie became a hard block cookie, what the ef??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried baking before. I'm a little bit afraid that I might fail again. Masak lauk pun masih huru hara nih. But of course I want to change that. If yours is hard as a block then you should taste the disastrous meal I made. You might even think yours was waaaayyy better! XDD

      Delete
  6. At first i thought its gonna be luahan perasaan story but when you put the problem in a very big context, real life challenging, i think u are brilliant. I am thinking bout food only, didnt come in mind to relate it with something bigger. Haha..pemikiran ku tertutup, sedih...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahahha I tend to make everything philosophical XDDD Maybe I should right a book or something lol

      Delete
  7. Failures make who we are right now.That's all i can say. All the best for you!

    i follow sini yaa :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really good at cooking and I also envy my sister for her talent in cooking too. Let's look at it from another perspective, we don't have to cook. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAHA NOT VERY PROGRESSIVE BUT SURE AS HELL MAKES US FEEL BETTER ABOUT OURSELVES XDDD

      Delete
  9. So many wasted dreams because of fear of failure. But I personally think failure is something that you need to embrace. Human grows stronger with repeated fails.

    ReplyDelete
  10. takpe yang penting jangan give up. cuba dan terus cuba k hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baiklah sis... Sekarang nih tgh take a break up jap untuk stabilkan balik emosi. Dah fully recover nanti saya akan sambung semula ber-experiment lewls

      Delete
  11. teruskan usaha yang baik...insyALLAH berjaya....do take care....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih di atas kata2 semangatnya. Take care also ^^

      Delete

silalah komen :)

Shawn Mendes